Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Do-it-yourselfers


To all of you do-it-yourselfers out there, sometimes you are not as handy as you think you are. Splicing pipes together, gluing the toilet down, and tiling over necessary parts is not handy it is expensive for the next person to come along. It is not fun for the next homeowner to ripe out walls and ceilings to fix you halfcrap job. I am all for home projects, such as painting, trim work, putting in a new counter top, but you should mess with the plumbing and electrical if you have no idea what you are doing. Dripping toilet water into my walls is not my idea of sanitary or fun. To the former owner of this house, I hope your at home plumbing skills are serving you well in your new home.

1 comment:

Emerson said...

Honestly I think that those "Flip Your house" shows have done a disservice to communities as a whole. It seems like between 2006 and now, people will do anything to sell their home AND/OR make a profit from it. I've seen some awful stuff lately, seriously awful stuff.

Sounds like your house was caught in the cross-fire as well. Sigh...terrible, hope it gets fixed soon!