What do you get when you have a blind woman, a deaf man, and a glass jar of star noodles?
What would have made a great I Love Lucy episode.
So last night after I had gone to bed I remembered that I needed to get my beans soaking so I could make Taco soup in the morning. So I got out of bed and decided I could do this without putting on my glasses. So I pulled a chair up to the counter and was getting the beans off the top shelf. In the process, I knocked over a glass jar of star noodles. So here I am in the kitchen on a chair and there is broken glass all around me. I can't see where it is, because my glasses are in my bedroom, and I don't know where it is safe to step. So I yell for help. The only problem with my help is he is deaf and currently in the shower. (And by the way Dale is notorious for taking very long showers. ) So I am yelling for help and no one can hear me. So there I stand on a chair in the kitchen with nothing to do but wait until Dale gets out of the shower and realize that I am not in bed. Luckily he didn't take a super long shower it was just a long one, and when he got out he came and rescued me from my sea of glass and noodles.
So the moral of the story is if you require glasses to see more then three inches in front of your face, put them on. It will save you a lot of time waiting on a chair for someone to rescue you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Danielle...I would have paid money to see this. It would have made a great episode of I Love Lucy :)
Too funny! I am sure glad you are documenting all the funny things that happen in your life. Because one day I don't know if anyone will believe how funny they really are.
Post a Comment