Sunday, December 27, 2009

Greatful


I don't think you truly know how much you love your child until something life threatening happens to them. Our little miss Myah got into a new bottle of children's Tylenol and drank the whole thing. She then put the lid back on and put the bottle away. How she got into it we will never know, but I am so greatful that she was a little clumsy and spilled some on the floor or she would not be with us today. The only reason I found the empty bottle is because I stepped on the small amount on the floor. She had already fallen asleep and was very difficult to wake. We spent the night at the hospital as they gave her critical medicine to keep her liver from failing. She was so brave and hardly complained at all. Every time they came to draw blood she would shed a few tears and then tell the person that they were not very nice. I have never in my life been more grateful when she woke up all wiggly this morning. It was a long night of worry for me, but we have our Myah back. She has a followup tomorrow to verify if there has been any liver damage. We are beyond greatful that we have been given more time with our beautiful little girl.

1 comment:

Kara and Chant said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot even imagine how horrible that was for you. I am so glad she is okay!